4.21.2011

BATHROOM LOVE

First,  I would like to apologize for not posting for a few days!  Between wrapping up taxes, vet appointments, looking for a house and sinus headaches I have been a bit distracted. Also I was volunteering for Honor Flight which was amazing and I will share that experience later.  I told my sister's friend Christa (who is like my little sister) that I would talk about bathrooms.  So this week I will share some of my favorite bathroom photos and then later give ideas on how to update your bathroom on a budget.

It wasn't until I actually started designing bathrooms and restrooms (there is a difference) that I realized how important they are to rest of the space.  When I was a designer at ABA I designed a lot of hotel public restrooms, hotel guest bathrooms and bathrooms for residences.  How many times have you been to a restaurant, hotel or even a house and commented on the bathroom or restroom?  More than you realize I am sure. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bathroom design.  To me the bathroom should feel clean (look too) but feel in a word pretty.  I am not into the mod bathrooms with weird lighting, crazy colors and potties that have no privacy.  I want a place that is clean, bright, peaceful, and pretty especially in a home or hotel guestroom.  Save the fun and crazy for nightclubs where people are in a hurry and mostly likely will not remember what they saw the next day.
















* IMAGES VIA DECOR PAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...