4.25.2011

BATHROOM LOVE PART 2

As I have mentioned before my husband and I have been looking at houses recently.  We have outgrown our current home and are in need of more space. We will be moving across the country (nothing is a official yet) at some point.  So as we are house shopping online we are finding that a lot of houses have outdated bathrooms.  Outdated bathrooms and kitchens scare my husband, he is thinking of the money and how much do we want to put into a house for resale.  I am also thinking about the cost, but I see a PROJECT and kind of get a little excited.  We will not have a lot of time for too many projects so we prefer to keep them to a minimal.

So, a couple of weekends ago we ventured through Home Depot and Lowe's to see exactly what kind of projects we might endure and get ideas of the cost.  We mainly went to check out appliances, but I made us wonder down every isle and the idea wheel began to turn!!!!  Yes I am a designer!  Yes I have designed and renovated bathrooms before, but never for myself.  I admit I have champagne taste, but as much as I love Waterworks and Ann Sacks I will have to be a more economical in my choices.  We will need to buy more furniture too.

Now we haven't found a house yet or even know if we will have to renovate a bathroom, but I am pleased to know that I can find sophistaced items at a big box store.  Now more than likely if we do renovate I will use a lot of my resources and a variety of vendors, but I was curious to see if I were to renovate a bathroom and only had one resource could I still find the same look as a higher end source.  Well I was able to pull all items from one store!  I made a board to show how things could work together. 




Now this board only shows the idea of changing the flooring, painting the walls, changing the vanity, updating the lighting and accessories.  Those few changes will make a huge difference!  Also everything is from one store Home Depot! Some things may not be off the shelf and may have a small lead time, but in the end it is worth it if you have budget. 

List of items all from Home Depot

1. Vanity - Manhattan Vanity
2. Vanity Top - Xylem Italian Carrera Marble Vanity Top
3. Lavatory Faucet - Schon
4. Wall sconce - Progress Lighting Maier Collection
5. Mirror - Gatco Max Rectangular Mirror
6. Towel Ring - Kohler Stillness Collection
7. Paint - Behr color: Manhattan Mist
8. Flooring option - Merola Tile Basket Weave White
9. Flooring option - Jeffrey Court Carrera White Mosaics






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...