5.31.2011

A LONG WEEKEND

In 31 days we will be bidding our farewell to DC/VA area and moving on to our cross country road trip to California.  We have started making every effort to spend time with friends and visit our favorite restaurants.  My little sister and her long time beau arrive this afternoon for a quick 36 hour visit before heading to New York City for a week of fun.  It will be my sister's 29th birthday and Danny's 30th birthday celebration week and so we plan to have some fun and eat some good food while they are here. 

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend and with all the barbeque's remembered what this holiday is really about!  It was so hot here that we spent a lot time indoors cleaning and purging.  Don't need to take any excess on the move or at least that is what the movers told us.  I am so grateful I don't have to pack one single box this move, I just have to make sure everything is clean and in order. 

We also spent time with friends over the weekend.  I visited the Gauguin exhibit a the National Gallery of Fine Art with a girlfriend Sunday afternoon.  I was not particularly a fan of Gauguin's style at first, but had a change of heart that afternoon.  I absolutely loved his story and use of color.  Everything was so bright and bold! 

I will not be posting tomorrow as it is my sister's birthday and we will be spending time together! Here are some images from the Gauguin Exhibit.








Angela and me circa 1983
  Happy Birthday dear sister!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...